The Child and Youth Health web site is part of the Women's and Children's Health Network in South Australia. Our government minister is the Minister for Health, the Hon. John Hill, MP.
Since 1909, Child and Youth Health's team of doctors, nurses, social workers and other health professionals have been working with parents to help children "Start Healthy and Stay healthy".
We have over 150 locations all over South Australia where parents, children and young people can find health care, help and advice, and our Parent Helpline and Youth Healthline work 24 hours a day to help South Australian families and young people with advice and information over the telephone.
As more people started to use the internet, we decided to set up the Child and Youth Health web site to help people from all over South Australia (and the world).
In May 1998, a Parent's site was launched and immediately became very popular with parents, adults and health workers all over the world who look to this site for the latest information and advice on bringing up happy, healthy kids (www.cyh.com).
In March 1999, young people aged 12 to 25 years got their own youth site where they can find help and advice on living a healthy, happy life.
This Kids' Health site was begun in 2000, and in 2004 a Teen Health site was launched.
So, welcome to the 'Kids Only' site, just for 6 to 12 year olds.
Like the other Child and Youth Health web sites, you will be able to find information and help about being a healthy, happy kid.
Dr Kim and Dr Kate say:
- Many of the topics on our sites have been written because people asked for those topics to be written.
- Over 500 kids were surveyed to find out what topics they would like on the Kids Health site.
- All the Kids topics have been trialed by kids.
- Nearly every drawing is the work of kids.
- Kids wrote many of the poems.
- We are writing more topics all the time on all 4 sites as people e-mail us asking for help and advice.
- Many other organisations have linked to our sites because they believe we provide good information that is easy to understand.
- The Child and Youth Health web sites have won many awards.
- If you don't find the information you want here, you could ask your parents to see if it is on the Child and Youth Health site written for parents - www.cyh.com
Child Youth and Health has been helping people in South Australia for nearly a hundred years and now, through the internet, we can help you too, wherever you live.