The Hearing Assessment Service offers a free statewide secondary hearing assessment service for children 0-18 years old.
Clients need to be referred into this program via their local Child and Family Health nurse, GP or other professional, but should ring to make their own appointment for the assessment, if it is needed. The outcome of past hearing screenings can usually be found in the Personal Health Record (Blue Book).
To locate your nearest Child and Family Health centre (CFHC), click here.
Call 1300 733 606 (9am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday) to be diverted to your local office.
Customer Feedback Form
Hearing Assessment Service
What to bring
- Personal Health Record (Blue Book)
- Referral letter
- Carer for any extra children
This service is provided regularly in the following locations.
- Adelaide - 295 South Terrace
- Noarlunga Hospital - Alexander Kelly Drive
- GP Plus Health Care Centre, 16 Playford Boulevard, Elizabeth
- Port Augusta/Whyalla (visit March and August)
- Port Lincoln (visit April and September)
- Port Pirie/Kadina (visit May and October)
- Riverland (visit June and November)
- Mt Gambier/Naracoorte (visit July and December)
- Murray Bridge (visit February, May, August and November)
Business hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm
Telephone: (08) 8303 1530
All Child and Family Health Services are free and statewide. They are provided by qualified nurses, medical staff, audiologists, social workers, physiotherapists and Indigenous Cultural Consultants.