Not much longer to holidays!
04 Dec 2017
In Australia it is almost the end of the school year – and Christmas – and summer holidays.
Wow! Almost too much excitement!
The next couple of weeks are going to be very busy times for school kids - and teachers.
- There are end of term activities - perhaps you are in a choir, band, orchestra or a stage production?
- There are school projects to finish, end of year reports, parent-teacher meetings, finding out which class you will be in next year with which teacher and which other kids.
- Maybe you will be going to several parties like a class party, sports team awards night, or other parties to celebrate the end of the year?
- If your family celebrates Christmas you may be involved in church activities.
- Your family may have a big get-together with presents and lots of food on Christmas day.
It’s a busy time for everyone, including your family. It can also be a stressful time for everyone involved. So, what can you do?
- Make sure that you are all organised.
- Talk to mum, dad or whoever cares for you about where you have to be, when and what you have to take.
- Maybe get all the events down on the calendar - especially if you are not the only kid in your house.
- Help to get the extra chores done around the house and garden.
- Be aware that the adults may also be having a busy time getting ready for the holiday season and they may be involved in celebrations at work or with whatever activities they are involved in.
- Get enough sleep so that you can enjoy all the fun!
There is lots to find out in the topic Holidays.